Sunday, June 7, 2020

Assignment 11A

1. I am a senior at the University of Florida majoring in Public Relations. I believe my biggest skill is being able to communicate and form quality relationships with my colleagues, my customers and others. I have experience in the telecommunications industry, starting with my internship in the marketing department at Comcast. Currently, I work for Cox Communications in Gainesville. If i started my business idea, it would be very similar to a consulting firm. Consulting is a great "side hustle" as I pursue my career in my current industry.

2. My service would help people turn their profitable ideas into actionable business plans. I would help them create business models, develop a marketing plan, find their ideal customers and more. The best part is, I would like to help people who are particularly having financial issues get their businesses off the ground. I wouldn't get paid unless they begin to receive revenues.

3. Those who need consulting and financial help to create a profitable business.

4. They will care because I would not only be investing in their ideas, but I would be investing in the person.

5. Core competencies of an individual is the reason they become successful. I think my ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines, and network will contribute to the success of the business.


I think my kind of service-based business is competent, but there are similar functioning businesses out there already. Looking back on a few other business ideas, it would have been easier to create a product-based business rather than service-based.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Walter,

    I think your consulting idea is very intriguing! It would be a very service-based business, where you are essentially providing your insight and knowledge to customers and businesses. I also really enjoyed how you mentioned that the best part of this service would be aiding individuals with financial burdens. However, I do agree that there may be many existing competitors within this business market.

    ReplyDelete