Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Assignment 20A

Person No. 1 
  1. The first person I would like to introduce as an expert in my industry is Bill Connors. Bill currently works for Comcast and is also part of an innovation team called SportsTech 
  1. Bill will fill the spot of domain expert due to his experience and ability to recognize innovation and invest in those with great, profitable ideas.  
  1. I worked with Bill during my marketing internship with Xfinity and contacted him via email.  
  1. Bill helped with my understanding and expectations of what it takes to run an innovation and consulting firm. The firm Bill is a part of is strictly sports innovation. They use ideas and technology to better track sports performance, statistics and more. I don’t believe there is a return expectation because Bill enjoys investing in others and sharing his wisdom and experiences.  
  1. Bill has a very large network himself. Being in contact with him is very rewarding because Bill has a team of experts who work in innovation and consulting that would allow for extremely high-valued feedback.  
Person No. 2 
  1. Bennie Phillips was once a District Manager for BestBuy but now works for the largest private communications company, Cox Communications 
  1. Bennie has a ton of experience in conducting consumer research and is well-equipped with consulting experience. Bennie will fill the spot of being an expert on my market. 
  1. I worked alongside Bennie at Cox Communications. As a UF Business school Alum, who is still living in Gainesville, he knows my target audience very well.  
  1. Bennie is a great tool to have in your network because he is knowledgeable about many different things. He is well-versed and can contribute great information on a variety of different topics.  
  1. Including this person in my network will equip myself with great and easy access to relevant information within my market.  
Person No. 3 
  1. Because my business concept is consulting, I was confused on who I should reach out to about being an important supplier in my industry. I decided to reach out to someone I know very well who works in the hospitality industry simply because it is crucial on the customer service end. Ryan Walker works for Landry’s, looking over 5-star restaurants and hotels in the Manhattan area.  
  1. Ryan is filling the spot of being an important supplier in the service industry. 
  1. I found Ryan through a family member of mine and contacted via phone call. 
  1. Ryan was glad to speak with me on various points about what makes a customer service “quality.” In return, Ryan asked that I incorporate a few of the points he made in my own work.  
  1. Ryan is my go-to within my network when I have questions on creating quality customer service.  

  2. Reflection- 

    This assignment opened my eyes to how easy networking is and how beneficial it can become. A simple conversation with someone can leave them with a great impression. Networking is imperative for all entrepreneurs because you never know who you are speaking with, and who they might know. This experience did not differ from my past experiences networking; it was relatively the same.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Walter,
    I am glad to see how easy it was for your to find networking opportunities within your market and industry. Having someone like Bill who would be able to help with the innovation and investment side of things in regards to your business concept is a huge advantage. In addition, having someone who is a UF alum makes it more personal, as he would know your market well and the people you are tailoring to. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished you explained where Bill Connors and Ryan Walker worked, Comcast, SportsTech, and Landry’s. I liked how you were honest about having difficulties reaching out to an important supplier in your industry. In your reflection I was surprised you found this assignment so easy, especially since you said you did have trouble finding an important supplier in your industry.

    ReplyDelete